11/18/11

The Founding...

I AM A FRATERNITY MAN

but I am not the one that immediately comes to your mind when you think of one.
 I actively challenge the stereotype that comes to YOUR mind when I don the letters that I have come to love and appreciate.
You look at me and YOU await to see one thing.
But, I am here to make sure that YOU come to expect another.
I am here to show YOU that I am not alone.
There are several that think the same way that I do.
We may all wear different letters across our chests.
But in our ideals, we are the same.
We dare to challenge the status quo.

WE ARE THE TRUE GENTLEMEN


Hit the jump to read a letter from the Founder of The True Gentlemen



To Whom It May Concern,

Welcome, to the True Gentlemen. 

I do hope that you enjoy this website for what is, what it can be, and what it will become.

I knew that when I came to college that I was going to be Greek, no matter what the cost. However, as I underwent my pledging process, and eventually became a brother, I realized that many that weren't a part of Greek life, even those that were Greek, didn't see what I came to love. Which was that a collected group of individuals could come together form a bond that was beyond measure and do something great. 

This is the purpose of The True Gentlemen.

We often see Greeks portrayed in the same light. The excessive drinking, the partying, and the academically incapable. But I believe, this is the means to change that.

I believe that this, can help change the image of fraternity life here at Virginia Tech.
I believe that this can help others outside of Greek life eventually love and appreciate, what we as Greeks already do.

I love Greek life. The combination of the brotherhood as well as the things I have seen accomplished are, for a lack of better words, astonishing.

With all of this in mind, I ask you, the Greek, to challenge the status quo, and return to The True Gentlemen to witness firsthand what your brothers, as well as other organizations, come to accomplish. 

Interfraternally,

Donald K. Morgan
Founder and Chief Editor

1 comment:

Please Comment